JL Audio TwK-88
System Tuning DSP with 8-ch. Stereo RCA Inputs / 2 Digital (Optical and Coaxial) Inputs / 8-ch. Stereo RCA Outputs / 1 Digital Optical Output
The TwK™ 88 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class system tuning capabilities in an easy-to-use format. Equipped with an advanced 24-bit DSP processor, the TwK™ 88 includes flexible input/output options, 80 total bands of equalization and powerful mixing tools. The included DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller offers dual level controls, toggles up to six presets, and has an LED indicator.
Control the TwK™ 88’s entire feature set by connecting it to your PC via USB, using the companion TüN™ 2.0 Software interface.
- Flexible input design with 8 differential-balanced, line-level analog inputs (RCA), accepting line-level signals up to 7.1V (RMS)
- Separate optical (Toslink) and coaxial digital inputs for connection to digital S/PDIF sources.
- Flexible input mixer allows input channels to be combined with full control over each input’s level and polarity.
- 8 banks of 10-band graphic or parametric equalizers with configurable EQ assignment
- Powerful crossover section with fully variable, high-pass and low-pass filters, crossover slopes are selectable from 6 dB/octave to 48 dB/octave (in 6 dB/octave increments)
- Configurable polarity and delay settings, with separate entries for speaker distance plus offset control; fully linkable with other channels, in any combination, for adjustment
- Precise output level controls, adjustable in 0.5 or 0.1 dB increments, fully linkable with other channels, in any combination
- 8 analog, line-level RCA output jacks (4V RMS)
- Optical (Toslink) output jack provides a pass-through digital audio (S/PDIF) signal from any pair of input channels, with no signal processing applied.
- Remote turn-on output (+12VDC) for activating aftermarket audio equipment.
- JLid™ Port allows connection of the included DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller to add dual configurable level controls, preset selection and LED status reporting from the driver's seat.
|Power Supply Type||Regulated DC-DC SMPS|
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||<1.5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||0.7 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||1 A|
|Input Type||Line-level, Differential-Balanced|
|Input Voltage Range||250 mV - 7.1 V RMS|
|Minimum Input Voltage||10 mV RMS|
|Input Level Setting||Eleven discrete selections from 250 mV - 7.1V RMS|
|Analog Output||Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks|
|Digital Output||Optical (Toslink) output (S/PDIF)|
|Output Impedance||450 Ω|
|Latency||Analog - Analog: 5.425 mS
Analog - Optical: 5.470 mS
Optical - Optical: 4.860 mS
Optical - Analog: 4.805 mS
|S/N Ratio||98 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)|
|THD+N @ Rated Output||0.02% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Audio Resolution||24 bit / 48 kHz|
|Number of EQ Bands||10 x 8 Channels|
|Remote Level Control||Included (DRC-200)|
|Remote Level Functions||Master Volume Control + Trim; Master Volume Control + Fader; Zone Control, LED Status Reporting|
|Height (H)||1.85 in / 47 mm|
|Width (W)||4.29 in / 109 mm|
|Depth (D)||6.14 in / 156 mm|
|Net Weight||2.58 lb / 1.17 kg|
Refurbished Frequently Asked Questions
- What does refurbished mean? Refurbished products may be unused customer returns that are essentially "new" items, or they may be defective products that were returned under warranty, and resold by the manufacturer after repairing the defects and ensuring proper function.
- What is the warranty? All of our manufacturer refurbished items come with a 90-day warranty. Compared to the new products we carry generally having a 1-year or longer warranty. (JL Audio Amps are 2-years, and all of Wet Sounds carries a 2-year warranty when new)
- What's it look like? A lot of the manufacturer refurbished products we sell generally look very good, and sometimes you can't even tell. However, these products can have some wear and tare on them, and we generally rate them an 8/10 cosmetically, and perfect 10/10 functionally.
- What was wrong with it? We aren't told what is wrong with each and every product. Like stated above, they could have just been a return or they may have had an issue. Regardless, they are all combed over by their respective manufacturer to function as new before being shipped to us.
- Have more questions? Call us, send us a chat, or an email. We'll be able to answer any additional questions you may have.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great System. Flexible and Customizable
When I first purchased my 2008 Avalanche, I was hoping to keep the original system. However, as a few months went by the horrible Bose System and sub took its toll on me. One at a time I replaced the speakers then head unit. What a chore it was with the console wiring ect especially with the Maestro module that keeps factory chimes ect with the endless number of cables and adapters and poor user manual. Later, I found out I never really use the steering wheel controls and all the other hip hop that that Maestro provided anyway. When I finally put in all my speakers and amps, I found a harshness in the upper registers that I could not tame even using the button for the -3 attenuator on the Infinity crossovers. -3Db attenuation is useless. I was never a real fan of passive crossovers in speakers because the lack of adjustment you have (no or insufficient level control) and originally wanted to purchase a newer crossover to replace my vintage Sony XEC 1000. I found that today’s crossovers are cheap in price and quality and could not find a comprimable 5-way crossover so cautiously jumped into the DSP world. It has been a bit frustrating and time-consuming figuring out how to use it and adjust. I did contact JL Audio Support on a few occasions and they were a great help. I found out that I had my system configured in mono. They fixed my settings for me and now I was on my way. I was never quite satisfied though after at least 30 plus hours of tinkering. Playing with the parametric equalizer, crossover settings, and trying to find out what frequencies needed to be cut proved to be a daunting and nearly impossible. I knew I had a harshness to my upper frequencies that I could not tame. The real revelation came when I purchased a $ 20.00 microphone (Dayton Audio) for my android telephone and purchased a $ 5.00 app to watch in real time and analyze which frequencies needed to be cut by playing a cd with pink noise. Although when I cut the frequencies, I couldn’t see a lot of difference on the app/phone, but real time did make me aware of which frequencies I needed to cut. I went nuts with the parametric cutting all the peaks by about 6 db. You will need to adjust each speaker individually except the subs and tweeters and it takes many hours. You also need to decide the bandwidth to cut. By default, the Q is 1.41. The TWK 88 is fantastic because you can shut off any speaker individually while you tune the other and 10 bands of EQ for each speaker individually. Also, you will need to measure the exact distance from your ears to the speakers and enter it to get your delay settings. Although I am not sure If I will ever be done tweaking this unit, I was amazed at how the sound had improved. The TWK 88 has 6 presets which I compare often and was amazed to find the one I finally thought was the best I could obtain did not sound nearly as good as my new discovery. My ears failed me (I thought it was the upper range that need taming) the real issues were in the mid bass range 185hz, 200-300 hz and 1-3 KHZ range. The music always had a hollow sound with an annoying harshness. I am very happy with the sound now and the money I spent was small in comparison to the huge difference it has made. I actually enjoy the music now. I used to find myself turning it down a lot because of harshness at certain points in the song (frequencies). The only improvement the JL Audio TWK 88 could have is add automatic frequency equalization and time delay. I have one on my DSpeaker Anti mode 2.0 room correction device for home use. Also, they could include a built in RTA and software, and Bluetooth so you could use your phone instead of messing with laptop but that would drive the price up I am sure. One more pair of outputs to make it a 5-way would be a plus. I am not using tweeters in the rear like I was in my other system so I did not need it and I am sure I could find a work around for the lack of another output. I have purchased hundreds of electronic devices in my lifetime and find this the most fascinating of all of them. They have endless ways of customization and tweaking available to the user
Jl audio twk88
Product seems awesome like new even tho its refurbished havent gotten a chance to hook it all up but i did connect to the tun software and everything seems to be fine
JL Audio TwK88
Amazing what these dsp's can do to stock sound! It brought my vehicle's sound back to a natural sound! Amazing! I bought my items refurbished. They're just like new! I also had a great experience with Creative Audio, fast shipping too! Don't hesitate to purchase. Thank you!