4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier, 100 W x 4 @ 2 Ω / 75 W x 4 @ 4 Ω - 14.4V
Utilizing our exclusive NexD™ high-speed switching technologies, the ultra-compact RD400/4 amplifier is engineered to deliver loads of audio output power, with incredible efficiency and low distortion. Don’t let its modern styling and small size fool you though, this little powerhouse churns out 100 watts of crystal-clear audio from each of its four channels into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD) and is fully bridgeable, so it can be used as a 3-channel amplifier, or as a 2-channel amplifier producing a whopping 200W x 2 into 4 ohms.
For your convenience, the RD400/4’s controls can be found on top of the amplifier, beneath a protective cover, with all connections located along one side of its chassis. Studio-grade signal processing features include high or low-pass 12 dB / octave filters (defeatable) for each channel pair, with continuously variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz, and dual-range, differential-balanced inputs capable of accepting most input voltage levels. Automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing) is standard equipment, along with all-new input type switches for bridging of stereo output channels without needing to use Y-adaptors.
Onboard LED-clipping indicators are also included with your RD400/4. This all-new, innovative feature lets you easily set your amplifier’s input sensitivity settings, quickly and accurately, with no special equipment needed. You’ll also find a set of preamp outputs on-hand, so you can pass signals to another amplifier, almost effortlessly. The RD400/4 features a durable, black powder-coated finish and a top-mounted, dual-color LED light strip that reports the overall status and condition.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
|@ 4 Ω||75 W RMS x 4|
|@ 3 Ω||100 W RMS x 4|
|Bridged @ 4Ω||200 W RMS x 2|
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
|@ 4 Ω||60 W RMS x 4|
|@ 3 Ω||90 W RMS x 4|
|Bridged @ 4Ω||180 W RMS x 2|
|Frequency Response||12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power||>104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W||>84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|Damping Factor @ 4 Ω||>150 / 50 Hz|
|Damping Factor @ 2 Ω||>75 / 50 Hz|
|THD+N @ Rated Power||<1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.|
|Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs||Switchable from 200 mV - 2 V RMS (Low) to 800 mV - 8 V RMS (High)|
|Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge||4 AWG wire|
|Fuse Rating||40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)|
|Filter Mode(s)||Low-Pass or High-Pass|
|Filter Slope(s)||12 dB/octave|
|Filter Frequency Range||50 Hz - 500 Hz|
|Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers||No|
|Filter Defeat Function||Yes|
|Remote Level Control||No|
|Remote Level Modes||N/A|
|Channel Input Mode Switch||Yes (2/4 ch.)|
|Pass-Through Preamp Output||Buffered|
|Source Channel Selection for PreOuts||No|
Refurbished Frequently Asked Questions
- What does refurbished mean? Refurbished products may be unused customer returns that are essentially "new" items, or they may be defective products that were returned under warranty, and resold by the manufacturer after repairing the defects and ensuring proper function.
- What is the warranty? All of our manufacturer refurbished items come with a 90-day warranty. Compared to the new products we carry generally having a 1-year or longer warranty. (JL Audio Amps are 2-years, and all of Wet Sounds carries a 2-year warranty when new)
- What's it look like? A lot of the manufacturer refurbished products we sell generally look very good, and sometimes you can't even tell. However, these products can have some wear and tare on them, and we generally rate them an 8/10 cosmetically, and perfect 10/10 functionally.
- What was wrong with it? We aren't told what is wrong with each and every product. Like stated above, they could have just been a return or they may have had an issue. Regardless, they are all combed over by their respective manufacturer to function as new before being shipped to us.
- Have more questions? Call us, send us a chat, or an email. We'll be able to answer any additional questions you may have.