Two way system features AP 1 tweeter and AP 5 woofer. APCX TW crossover features a two-position level selector providing the ability to adapt its response to its two main applications: +2dB if installed behind the OEM grille, 0dB for an A-pillar installation without additional grilles between the tweeter and the listener. To ease the installation in OEM placements the woofers are equipped with high current fast-on terminals with double contact on positive and negative poles for high flexibility and quick connection.
• AP1 tweeter with 26 mm diameter diaphragm combined with a wide-roll surround provides maximum efficiency and reduced resonance frequency.
• AP 1 tweeter with acoustic lens designed to compensate for and fine tune the in-car frequency response anomalies in the 10kHz-13kHz bandwidth caused by restrictive OEM grilles in critical OEM placements.
• APCX TW very compact tweeter passive crossover optimised for OEM Integration featuring an attenuation switch (0 dB, +2dB) to tune the in-car response according to different installation conditions.
• Passive crossovers are supplied with “OEM Integration compliant” fast-on connectors. The ends, different in each of the two poles, eliminate any possible connection errors and speed up the required installation time.
• AP 5 woofer with 32 mm pure copper voice coil, for high power handling and outstanding low frequency control.
• AP 5 woofer with water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel R&D Scan Vibrometer.
• AP5 woofer with reduced mounting depth, providing ease of installation in OEM placements.
• AP5 woofer with TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive shallow “Triple Wave” profile, for maximum excursion linearity.